Now Showing: My Ex and Whys
(Watch) Ma' Rosa Jacklyn Jose Cannes Best Actress Speech Moment


Jacklyn Jose earned the first Cannes Film Festival Best Actress award for the Philippines for the movie "Ma' Rosa" by renowned independent film direction Brillante Mendoza on Sunday night, May 22.

During her emotional speech, she said: "Who would not get emotional? This is the Cannes film festival. This is big, I mean especially in my country. Not anyone can be in [this] competition or be nominated as best actress. This is big in my country right now."

"I'm at a loss for words! I am so surprised and moved. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all the Jury members. I thank the director Brillante Mendoza, whose instructions I simply followed. He's a brilliant director, a genius. I am so happy you liked the film. I'd like to salute the Philippine people." she added.


Check out some of her Cannes shining moment below:



Following her win, Jose now joins the ranks of past winners including Juliette Binoche, Kirsten Dunst, Sophia Loren, Julianne Moore, Katherine Hepburn and Meryl Streep.

No comments