Now Showing: My Ex and Whys
Duterte promises protection for good policemen, curses crooked cops

As far as Rodrigo Duterte is concerned, good and honest policemen have nothing to fear from him.

Corrupt police and other officials, on the other hand, are a different story.

On Friday during the oath-taking of Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa, the newly-minted President of the Philippines reiterated his vow to protect law enforcers who perform their jobs well while promising hell for those who have become tainted by criminal elements.

“I know how you handle your work and I also know how good you are. But I also know sometimes you can become a bad boy in the organization so beginning from now, I will not tolerate, (I will have) zero tolerance for abuses committed by the law enforcement agencies including the National Bureau of Investigation,” ABS-CBN quoted him as saying. “Do not taint yourself in the company of known criminals and criminal syndicates. You will be sorry.”

“Do not b*** with me but do your duty. I will die for you. Do your duty and if in the process, you kill 1,000 persons because you were doing your duty and I will protect you. If they will try to impeach me, I will hurry up the process and we go out of the service together.”

He also promised to supply the PNP with needed funds and materials it needs for his anti-crime drive.

“I will provide you the funds. I will provide you the weapons needed to fight criminality,” he said. “But be sure that after six years we are back to what you are supposed to be—a law enforcement that is law-abiding, God-fearing, and only doing what is good for the country.

No comments